Public Safety Officer
Job no: 492879
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: University Police - Afternoon
Location: Island Sports Center
Categories: Public Safety/Police
||Public Safety Officer
||This position is responsible for providing public safety and information services to the University community and Island Sports Center community, including all personnel and visitors. It is a non-sworn, armed position reporting to the Director of Public Safety, Lieutenant, Sergeant.
- Provide public safety and information services to the University community in an effort to enhance the safety and security of people and property.
- Perform security type operations related to locking and unlocking of buildings; to include the main building, golf dome, mini golf, Hat Trick Club and Bistro to provide safety and security for personnel and property.
- Provide communications support for the campus police, provide requests for service, via telephone and/or radio.
- Conduct proactive mobile and foot patrols of parking lots, all buildings and the track to deter and detect criminal activity, security breaches, or public safety issues.
- Respond to incidents and/or requests for assistance by the University community and take appropriate action to either resolve or contain a situation.
- Report criminal activity and/or public safety issues to campus police or other appropriate law enforcement and emergency service agencies.
- Document criminal and related non-criminal incidents, using established departmental reports and/or forms, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide traffic and crowd control during special events or when necessary/appropriate. Lock and unlock doors for operations or when requested by ISC personnel.
- Provide the highest possible customer service to all employees, patrons and co-workers as necessary; including jump starting vehicles, unlocking of vehicles and issuing parking citations. Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous police officer experience/security experience required.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with co-workers and the public, which includes all students, faculty and staff.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Certification by Pennsylvania State Police for Act # 235,
- LETHAL WEAPONS ACT REQUIRED.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend