Job no: 492937
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: Organizational Leadership
Location: Moon Campus
Categories: Administrative Support/Clerical, School of Communications and Information Systems
||Coordinates and performs administrative functions and office work for the department heads of the Departments of Organizational Leadership and English.
- Coordinates and performs administrative functions and office work for the department heads of the Departments of Organizational Leadership and English.
- Assists the department heads in the hiring process for adjunct and part-time faculty; prepares and distributes confirmation letters and contracts and assists in scheduling their courses.
- Assists the department heads in the hiring process for new faculty; coordinates scheduling, travel and related activities.
- Assists the department heads with monitoring the department’s budget. Maintains documentation for all departmental expenses.
- Answers students’ questions and, when needed, refers them to the appropriate administrators, faculty and staff. Prepares forms and materials for the department heads’ signatures, including student waivers, late class admits, grade change requests and independent/directed studies.
- Assists in coordinating events related to recruiting and retention, advising, student orientation, guest speakers, professional and honorary society functions, recognition ceremonies and other departmental events (E.G. when needed, schedules facilities, orders and prepares materials and mailings, acquires certificates, pins honor cords, orders equipment and food and attends functions).
- Coordinates and attends ORGL and ENGL departmental meetings. Prepares materials and provides secretarial support when needed.
- Assists SCIS administrators and secretaries, as needed.
- Makes travel arrangements for the department heads and assists faculty members with expense reporting, cash advances, purchase cards, when appropriate. Makes travel arrangements for prospective new faculty and guest speakers. Prepares spreadsheets documenting travel expenses, etc. for ORGL and ENGL faculty.
- Performs other related work as needed.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of office/secretarial experience preferable in higher education.
- Proficient knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office packages; ability and willingness to learn new software and technologies and grow academically as required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills; professional demeanor.
- Understanding and commitment to maintaining confidentiality; ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, make independent judgments and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with co-workers, students, faculty, administrators and staff, as well as external constituents.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; ability to work some evenings and week-ends, as needed.
- Strong customer service skills with a student focus.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend