Skate Guard, Part Time
Job no: 492956
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Department: Guest Services
Location: Island Sports Center
||Skate Guard, Part Time
Experienced ice skating ability, friendly, strong organizational skills, good communication skills, well groomed, works well with others, ability to take direction. Must be 16 years of age or older.
This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by a member of the ISC management.
- Customer Service: Issue rental skates to customers as needed. Take in customers shoes as collateral while the skates are rented. Replacing rental skates on shelves when customers return skates. Assist customers in the proper fit of rental skates making sure laces are tied and buckles are fastened securely. Pass out skating aids as needed. Control and entertain the crowd through the use of generational music, lighting & enthusiasm. Assist in the cleanliness of the ISC by picking up loose trash, ensuring that EST’s (cleaners) are notified of spills. Keep the rental room clean and organized
- Skate Guarding Ensure that skaters skate in a safe manner. No unsafe skating, tag, pushing, racing, horseplay, bullying, hazing and large lines of skaters holding hands creating an obstruction. Make sure all skaters are skating in the same direction. Monitor all skaters to evaluate their skill level. More attention may need to be paid to inexperienced skaters and highly skilled skaters. Give out verbal warnings and remove skaters from the ice that will not follow rules or instructions given. Help any skaters that have fallen and need assistance in getting back on their skates. Ensure that the guidelines for disabled skaters are being followed, if necessary. Ensure that customers are not bringing food or beverages on to the ice surface. Keep exits to the rink clear at all times.
- No education requirements.
- Skating experience required.
- Good communicator. Works well with others.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend