Engaged Learning Advisor
Job no: 492990
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: Office of Engaged Learning and Community Involvement
Location: Moon Campus
Categories: Other, Student Life
||Engaged Learning Advisor
||Office of Engaged Learning and Community Involvement
||Summary of Primary Function: Reporting to the Director of Engaged Learning and Community Involvement, the Engaged Learning Advisor ensures that undergraduate students receive appropriate advising that will lead them to the successful completion of the engaged learning graduation requirement. The Advisor will be the primary point of contact for students on all facets of the Student Engagement Transcript (SET). The advisor will work with the Assistant Director of Engaged Learning and Community Involvement to develop new opportunities and efficiencies in all areas of the SET program.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director of Engaged Learning and Community Involvement, serve as advisor to all undergraduate students, advising them on ways to successfully fulfill the engaged learning graduation requirement. Monitor students’ progress on engaged learning graduation requirement.
- Provide outreach efforts to ensure that undergraduate students are aware of the engaged learning graduation requirement; implement early alert system. Assist the Assistant Director in managing the SET activity approval process including gathering appropriate faculty/staff approvals and entering data into the Sentry attribute system. Coordinate release of the SETs with Academic Services. Serve as a member of the Engaged Learning Advisory Board. Contribute to and regularly update SET web content and social media accounts. Assist in training faculty, staff, and students on the Revolution platform. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in student personnel, higher education administration, education, or closely related field strongly preferred.
- Higher Education Student Life experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to learn and master in-house programs and platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team, maintain confidentiality, and be composed in stressful situations.
- Results oriented and student focused.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend