Utility Worker, Part-Time, Residence Halls
Job no: 493081
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Facilities Services - Residence Halls
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The position performs manual work in the custodial care of University buildings and parking facilities. In addition, incumbents will be required to provide support for University athletic events, as well as other events as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Facility Services. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform manual work to support events and the custodial care of University buildings and parking facilities. Perform custodial duties for campus parking facilities, building entrances, conference and event facilities and other venues. Set up/tear down of event equipment and provide event support. Collect/dispose of refuse and waste materials from University facilities. Other Job Responsibilities: Operate equipment to strip, scrub, wax and refinish floors; clean carpets and upholstery; wash windows, door frames and walls; perform light maintenance duties and provide event support; snow removal; and related work as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard transmission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, any shift at all campus locations, and report to work during any University closings.
- Ability to work in all weather types.
- Valid driver’s license.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend