Media Arts Outreach Coordinator, Part-Time
Job no: 493147
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Department: Media Arts
Location: Moon Campus
||Media Arts Outreach Coordinator, Part-Time
The Outreach Coordinator will develop, coordinate and organize outreach activities, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, such as faculty, regional schools, organizations and media professionals. The successful candidate will work approximately 10 hours per week (on average) throughout the year.
This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
Applications received by January 22, 2018 will be given full consideration, but application review will continue until the position is filled.
- Coordinate and promote specific outreach events and activities with multiple stakeholders.
- Support the Media Arts Department in developing and organizing diverse outreach activities.
- Actively solicit external participation in outreach events and activities, which sometimes includes travel to regional stakeholder locations.
- Coordinate the judging of juried outreach student competitions and exhibitions.
- Maintain outreach program files, records and documentation.
- On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Media, Communications, English, Journalism or related field.
- Broad understanding of event production and experience in planning, coordinating and producing events. Experience in working with new and traditional media, and creating effective web content. Interest in supporting an academic environment and ability to represent the University in a positive professional and highly collaboratively manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and public presentation skills. Effectively manage multiple projects through to completion and meet established deadlines. Proficient clerical and organizational skills. Ability to work a flexible work schedule to possibly include evenings and/or weekend hours.
- Valid driver's license.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend