Online Course Instructional Designer, Part-Time
Job no: 493155
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Department: Online and Off-Campus Programs
Location: Moon Campus
||Online Course Instructional Designer, Part-Time
||Online and Off-Campus Programs
||The Online Course Instructional Designer is responsible for partnering in the oversight of the creative direction and project management associated with the development of online courses. This person will also support and work with the subject matter experts designing the courses and the reviewers conducting the review of the courses. This person will comply with RMU’s online course development processes and procedures necessary for a smooth design and delivery process. The Online Course Instructional Designer will work with others in the Department in organizing and conducting training workshops for teaching and learning online. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Assist subject matter experts in translating content knowledge into an online course design map leading to the final product of an online course based on RMU’s processes and guidelines. Appraise course creation quality in terms of design, writing, editing; identify and provide for corrective action when needed. Apply the appropriate learning theory and instructional theory necessary for quality online course design and implementation. Manage the development of online and blended courses from conceptualization through production. Develop and communicate online course design and production schedules with subject matter experts. Ensure that the online courses meet RMU’s quality standards and are delivered on time. Assist subject matter experts in navigating the course management system in order to understand content application. Manage and complete all phases of the design process, including the use of applications when needed. Oversee and complete revisions to already created courses. Remain current and have a thorough understanding of the latest industry technology tools and trends in online education. Develop, revise, and maintain instructional formats and content. Understand and maintain expertise related to the online course development and service provided by RMU.
- Organize and conduct training workshops for teaching and learning online. Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and revising online courses is preferred.
- Knowledge of Blackboard is required.
- Understanding of IT applications for instructional design purposes is required.
- Previous experience in best practices in teaching is required.
- Experience training faculty to teach online is required.
- Experience with multiple learning management systems is preferred.
- Previous experience in working with subject matter experts to develop curriculum relative to the program and produce a product ready for delivery.
- Experience in creating courses from master syllabus through duplication on a course management system.
- Excellent project management skills, written and verbal communication skills and excellent understanding and application of technology for instructional design purposes.
- Ability to manage multiple course development simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Quality Matters certification is preferred.
- Certificate in Instructional Design is preferred.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend