Office Assistant, Part-Time
Job no: 493161
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Department: Center for Veterans and Military Families
Location: Moon Campus
Categories: Administrative Support/Clerical
||Office Assistant, Part Time
||Center for Veterans and Military Families
||This position performs administrative and secretarial functions and provides general office support to the Center for Veterans and Military Families (CVMF) under the general supervision of the Director of the CVMF. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Assists with maintaining, organizing, and posting on the CVMF website, including multiple social media entities.
- Performs general administrative functions to support the CVMF including: telephone coverage, distributing mail, arranging appointments/calendars, scheduling meetings, typing correspondence, invoice processing, and performing data entry.
- Arranges and attends meetings, conferences, workshops and other functions as requested.
- Assists faculty, staff and presenters with design of presentation materials (i.e., slides, charts, graphs, flyers etc.).
- Maintains office records and related files and orders office supplies for the CVMF.
- Takes notes/minutes at Board of Veteran meetings and posts on the CVMF website.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of office/administrative experience; preferably in an educational setting.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks without supervision; excellent problem solving skills. Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and/or confidential information. Attention to detail with excellent grammar, spelling and typing skills. Strong communication, interpersonal skills, organizational and customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint); willingness to develop additional computer skills, adjust to other updated technology and grow academically as needed. Position is 20 hours per week, with a preferred schedule of Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend