Veteran and Military Family Benefits Specialist, Part-Time
Job no: 493162
Location: Moon Campus
||Veteran and Military Family Benefits Specialist, Part-Time
||Center for Veterans and Military Families
||Serves the academic needs of veteran and/or military family students with administrative support involving registration, change of majors, transfer and freshman orientation programs, transfer credits and transcript evaluations, examination and institution credit, and certification/processing of VA education benefits/claims. Assists with other functions related to the center, including providing statistical information, directing inquiries, and managing student records.
- Provide clerical and analytical support to carry out the University's commitment to the military student population to include reviewing, validating, and entering transfer credits from transcript evaluations; processing change of majors, college level examination credit, institutional credit, and approved course substitutions; and assisting veterans and military family students as their liaison to the VA on education related matters.
- Assisting the Director with veteran-related academic responsibilities, requirements for graduation, and registration to include transitioning military veterans and their families to RMU; identification and counseling veteran and military family students regarding appropriate use of VA benefits; and assisting with local, regional, and national recruitment programs.
- Providing assistance with student course schedules (registration, add/drop, withdrawal, etc.) and implementation of academic adviser recommendations to ensure proper reporting of program progress to the VA.
- Coordinate professional and student engagement opportunities both internal to the University and external with local military units.
- Responsible for data entry (degrees, grades, calendars, etc.) to multiple military systems associated with Tuition Assistance.
- Coordinates with Financial Aid, Student Life, Registrar, Colonial Hub, Enrollment Management, and other administrative departments regarding support services.
- Monitoring compliance with all VA programs and chapters to include complying with laws and regulations from federal and state government; monitoring financial aid and student financial accounts; and attending conferences to remain current in changes to regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Represent the center by interacting with new students and their families in all parts of the orientation program, including student engagement functions.
- Other responsibilities include customer service, off-site orientation sessions, counseling of first-time and transfer students, class registration, and other items assigned.
- Responsible for management of active and retired undergrad and graduate student files.
- Perform other duties and related work as required by the Director.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in academic services or VA educational benefits is preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to diffuse escalating situations.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend