Job no: 493174
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: Financial Operations
Location: Moon Campus
Categories: Financial Operations
||The Payroll Supervisor performs a variety of routine and complex administrative, technical, and professional duties associated with the in-house processing and administering of the University’s payroll for full and part-time faculty and staff. The incumbent must have in-depth knowledge of payroll procedures and payroll laws. In addition, the incumbent must have technical savvy to learn in house payroll and financial systems.
- Processes monthly calculated payrolls typically averaging between 860 and 1,375 employees and a midmonth advance for approximately 200 employees. Receives or gathers payroll data to be included in each month’s payroll in a timely and accurate manner. Collaborates with Human Resources and benefits to review the payroll for accuracy for individual or system-wide problems before the payroll runs to completion utilizing integrated in-house system.
- Prepare payroll reports for internal departments and external agencies. Prepare check requests in a timely manner in order to pay outside agencies within the time required by law (Unions and Wage attachments). Responsible for preparing all tax data reports after every payroll and must enter tax data into the ADP tax portal timely and accurately. Responsible for quarterly and annual tax reconciliations in addition to validating the accuracy of W2's prior to authorizing the production of W2's. Must be extremely dedicated and have a strong work ethic with the willingness to go above and beyond to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assists in the completion of procurement and organization of payroll data for annual reports: the 990-T Tax Return, NCAA Report, and Workers’ Compensation Audit. Assists with external and internal auditors’ requests, and participates in the 403(b) annual audit.
- Prepares payroll and benefit reporting required for monthly reconciliation with the Controllers group.
- Serves employees and departments by providing timely and accurate answers to payroll inquiries.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with payroll processing required.
- Critical thinking, customer service, and dedication are a key requirement including the ability to synthesize an issue in a clear and concise manner in order to effectively identify and resolve issues that arise. Cultivate professional and productive relationships within the University.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend