Job no: 493175
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: School of Education and Social Sciences
Location: Moon Campus
Categories: Administrative Support/Clerical, School of Education and Social Sciences
||School of Education and Social Sciences
||This position performs administrative and secretarial functions and provides general office support to: Department of Social Sciences and the Department of Education under the general supervision of the Department Head of Social Sciences and the Department Head of Education.
- This position performs administrative and secretarial functions and provides general office support to: Department of Social Sciences and the Department of Education under the general supervision of the Department Head of Social Sciences and the Department Head of Education.
- Maintains department office records and related files including: project files and display racks, book orders, and records supporting accreditation and program proposals/approvals.
- Maintains department-level copies of students’ records including work-study; answers routine student inquiries. Maintains inventories of textbooks (requesting additional copies as needed) and marketing promotional materials.
- Effectively utilizes Oracle, TM1, and other software programs to maintain up-to-date financial information.
- Assists department heads, faculty and staff with design of complex charts, slides, flyers and presentations as needed.
- Arranges and attends meetings, conferences, workshops and other functions as requested. Maintains and orders office supplies for both departments. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree preferred or equivalent office/administrative experience preferably in an academic setting.
- 3-5 years of executive secretarial experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Willingness to develop additional computer skills, adjust to other updated technology and grow academically as needed.
- Familiarity with Oracle software preferred.
- Problem solving skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks working without supervision.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and/or confidential information and attention to detail.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills. Excellent grammar, spelling and typing skills; ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend