Head Coach, Men's D3, Club Ice Hockey
Job no: 493513
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Campus Recreation
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
Robert Morris University is looking for a Head Coach for their Men’s D3 ACHA Club Ice Hockey Team. The University is a proud member of the ACHA with successful hockey programs at the Men’s D1 and D3 levels, and a newly established D2 program beginning in the 2018-2019 season.
- Coordinate, plan, lead and run all team meetings, practices and games. Responsible for video breakdown, game preparation and team management. Coordinate with the ACHA to maintain standing and ensure team and player compliance. Coordinate the team game schedule externally with other teams and internally with the Island Sports Center (ISC).
- This individual will be responsible for recruiting quality student-athletes. They will manage a team budget, team operations, and roster development. They will assist in the recruitment and interview of Assistant Coaches and game day managers. Coordination of all away games including travel, hotels and meals (must be able to travel with team to away games). Coordinate all home game activities with managers for referees, EMT’s, scorekeeping, clock work, game protocols, game programs and tickets.
- Coordination of all equipment needs for the team. Responsible for leading player development and advancement. Participation in team functions. Responsible for coordinating with the General Manager of Club Hockey for team and hockey program purposes.
- Recruitment of quality players that can compete at the ACHA level. Assist in recruitment, interviewing , developing and reviewing performance of the Assistant Coaches and Equipment and Game Day Managers.
- All other duties as assigned. On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years coaching experience at competitive travel, junior, intercollegiate level and above required.
- Experience coaching ice hockey at the junior or collegiate level or higher preferred.
- Experience playing at the junior or collegiate level or higher preferred.
- Experience recruiting competitive, elite-level athletes preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be willing and able to collaborate well with coaches from the other teams within the program and with contacts at the league and institution.
- USA Hockey Coaching Certification Level 3 or higher preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend