Communications Specialist II
Job no: 493683
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Facilities Management
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Facilities Management is looking for a candidate who is highly organized and detail-oriented. The Communications Specialist II is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the office as well as providing executive, operational, event planning, and communication support.
- Operational Support: Perform general administrative functions including telephone coverage, arranging appointments, calendars and typing correspondence. Greet visitors and vendors in a professional environment, direct to appropriate area and resolve requests and or conflicts. Manage day-to-day operations of the department, purchase and manage office supplies and equipment. Organize and plan multiple internal department events (Awards Breakfast, Birthdays, Summer Picnic, and Holiday Party) and assist the Vice President (VP) with the Colonial Golf Outing. Schedule and manage the conference rooms and prepare room for audio visual (AV) or conferencing needs when necessary. Oversee the document center, which archives plans and drawings for all buildings in the University system. Develop new process for current/previous building documents and conceptual designs for easy retrieval. Work in conjunction with Capital Projects to ensure as built documents are collected and shared with Maintenance/Operations, Key/Access, and Housekeeping. Maintain and file occupancy permits and certificate of insurances. Manage the space management database, continuously update information and have available for constituents upon request.
- University Safety Support: Support University Wide Safety processes by scheduling committee meetings, Hazard Surveillance Inspections, assist with annual safety reports, update safety binders and correspondence as directed by Safety Director or Safety Specialist. Attend meetings for both the University Wide Safety Committee and Incident Response Team (IRT) and take minutes. Update the Emergency Response Plan and IRT Phone List. Build the Semi Annual Operations and Maintenance Report, track all salt, painting, and grass cutting at the Island Sports Center (ISC) for the report.
- Executive Support: Manage and schedule appointments for VP’s management team. Support the VP’s management team with correspondence (write/proof read), attend meetings to take minutes, and any other administrative support as requested. Maintain the Facilities Management Union Policy and Design Standards Books.
- Communication Support: Support specific goals of the department’s communication plan; ability to make changes to Facilities and Safety websites and post news feeds to social media outlets. Edit and proofread documents, campus announcements, presentations and videos. Oversee the departmental communications for the union employee bulletin board. Facilitate (lead) the onboarding of new employee orientation for all Facilities and Conference and Facility Services (CFS) employees. Support Colonial Central if needed by answering telephone calls in a warm and friendly customer-focused manner.
- All other duties as assigned. Ability to work flexible hours including, on occasion, attending and/or preparing for early morning or late afternoon meetings and/or events. This position is also associated with Colonial Central, which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This position may be required to work any shift as needed to maintain 24-hour service to the University.
- Bachelor's degree is required in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field.
- 3+ years of experience is required within a communications/marketing customer service environment.
- Enhanced computer skills in Apple and Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Comfortable with continually changing technology.
- Previous calendaring/meeting and event planning experience is preferred.
- Ability to work discretely with confidential and sensitive materials.
- Proficient knowledge of website development.
- Ability to compose, edit and be attentive to detail.
- Accurately take meeting minutes.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to interact comfortably and professionally with various levels of management and staff.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet multiple/changing deadlines; ability to work in a team environment.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills; customer service focused.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend