Wellness Coach for Veteran and Online Students (Part Time)
Job no: 493717
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Counseling Center
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
This position serves as the Counseling Center’s frontline resource and outreach specialist to the online and veteran student population. Will serve as the Wellness Coach for Veteran and Online graduate and undergraduate students, focusing on those areas of health and wellness that are critical to student well-being.
- The Wellness Coach will work jointly in the Counseling Center and the Center for Veterans and Military Families. Will work in conjunction with the Counseling Center staff, Online Student Services staff and the Center for Veterans and Military Families to ensure a positive and successful experience while at RMU. The Wellness Coach will work actively with the veteran and online population to identify areas of risk and needs for resources and conduct relevant workshops and trainings. Additionally, the Wellness Coach will serve as an outreach specialist to help faculty and staff identify students in need of mental health or drug and alcohol services, and to facilitate referrals. Will develop and deliver educational programming regarding wellness topics relevant to each population via: Online psychoeducational programming via social media and Learning Management System (LMS) and on ground programming for veteran students.
- Effectively engage students, faculty and staff to foster a supportive and positive atmosphere for the mental health concerns of online and veteran students.
- Participate in Online Student Services and Center for Veterans and Military Families functions (orientations, workshops, etc).
- Develop liaison relationships with local and national partners, Crisis Referral and service linkages. Consult with student and faculty organizations regarding the outreach needs of online and veteran students.
- Ability to build strong alliances with students, staff, and faculty who may hold differing viewpoints.
- All other duties as assigned. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis. Ability to work a varied schedule with flexible hours. Some weekend/evening hours may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Master's Degree in psychology, public health, social work, education or a closely related field is preferred.
- Military/Veteran background is preferred.
- Previous demonstrated experience in outreach activities with the military population is preferred.
- Ability to use online technology and familiarity with the latest trends in online education to meet student needs.
- Previous public speaking experience addressing groups is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend