Job no: 493793
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Online and Off-Campus Programs
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
This position performs administrative and secretarial functions and provides general office support under the general supervision of the Director. The incumbent must be capable of working independently to determine and set priorities, resolve issues and organize multiple activities. Maturity, tact and diplomacy are critical to ensure positive and productive interactions with faculty, staff and administration.
- Performs general administrative functions, including: telephone coverage, distributing mail, arranging appointments/calendars, scheduling meetings, typing correspondence, invoice processing, and performing data entry.
- Maintains office records and related files.
- Maintains and orders office supplies.
- Arranges and attends meetings, conferences, workshops and other functions as requested.
- All other duties as assigned. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of office/administrative experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to develop additional computer skills.
- Adjust to other updated technology and grow academically as needed.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks without supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Attention to detail with excellent grammar, spelling and typing skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, organizational and customer service skills.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend