Assistant Coach, Men's Lacrosse
Job no: 493828
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Men's Lacrosse
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for assisting in the management and administration of the intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University and the NCAA.
- Duties/Responsibilities: Use expert technical knowledge to assist in the development of a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence. This includes: Assist in the organization and supervision of practice, conditioning, and workouts. Provide coaching to the student-athletes during the conduct of all home and away competitions. Assist with home events and coordinate travel logistics for away events. Assist in the provision of a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other support staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes. Encourage and promote excellence in academics from student-athletes, in collaboration with various academic support services.
- Assist in the effort to scout and recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. This includes: Assist with the coordination of admissions with the Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance and the Office of Enrollment Management. Develop a positive working relationship with faculty and University staff to assist in the recruiting process.
- Administrative Duties: Assist with coordinating the logistics of all campus visitations, including itineraries, academic appointments, campus tours, town tours, student-athlete hosts, housing, meals, game tickets, and entertainment. Assist in ensuring program compliance with all NCAA and University regulations, policies, and procedures. Report any known or suspected NCAA violations to the Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance, Director of Athletics, or Faculty Athletics Representative.
- On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 4+ years of combined experience in Lacrosse as a participant and/or Coach.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to NCAA and University rules.
- Valid driver's license is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend