Sports Dome Associate, Part-Time
Job no: 493851
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Sports Dome
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The Sports Dome Associate works closely with the Director of Golf and Sports Dome and Associate II regarding coordination and processing of facility rentals and supporting various Island Sports Center (ISC) activities, including but not limited to, the Miniature Golf facility, Track & Field facility, programs at the Sports Dome, etc. This position provides superior customer service to all ISC patrons.
- Prepares for dome, field rentals and miniature golf facility for events and provides on-site event support. Responsible for greeting guests as they enter. Attend to their needs and ensure that all services are paid. Responsible to check-in user groups and organize parties. Responsible for opening, closing and balancing a cash register.
- Responsible for answering telephones, returning calls, taking messages, checking voicemail and transferring calls. Enrolls customers in programs, edit enrollments as necessary, and processes customer payments.
- Provides superior customer service for all patrons of the ISC, in particular the Sports Dome, Track & Field and Miniature Golf facility. Maintains daily cleanliness of the Dome, Miniature Golf facility and adjacent areas. As trained, monitors pressure and performs daily checks inside/outside the dome. Prepares and maintains excel files for database purposes (ie customer information databases, etc.) and prepares brochures and marketing pieces for management review. As directed, orders related supplies and equipment.
- Assists the Director of Golf with contact rental leads by receiving/returning rental inquiry calls and promoting facility usage. Assists the Director with rental dates and maintains appropriate schedules. As directed, applies rental fees and serves as liaison with rental organizations. As directed, prepares and processes rental invoices; receive and process payments, resolve discrepancies and elevate problems as appropriate to the Director of Golf.
- All other duties as assigned. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- General knowledge of sports to promote new sports dome programs and golf programs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to operate and balance a cash register.
- Possess basic math skills and data entry skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and represent the University and ISC professionally and positively to external and internal customers.
- Superior customer service skills to interact professionally with ISC patrons.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend