Skate Guard, Part-Time
Job no: 494004
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Guest Services
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
Experienced ice skating ability, friendly, strong organizational skills, good communication skills, well groomed, works well with others, ability to take direction. Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Skate Guarding: Ensure that skaters skate in a safe manner. No unsafe skating, tag, pushing, racing, horseplay, bullying, hazing and large lines of skaters holding hands creating an obstruction. Make sure all skaters are skating in the same direction. Monitor all skaters to evaluate their skill level. More attention may need to be paid to inexperienced skaters and highly skilled skaters. Give out verbal warnings and remove skaters from the ice that will not follow rules or instructions given. Help any skaters that have fallen and need assistance in getting back on their skates. Ensure that the guidelines for disabled skaters are being followed, if necessary. Ensure that customers are not bringing food or beverages on to the ice surface. Keep exits to the rink clear at all times.
- Customer Service: Issue rental skates to customers as needed. Take in customers shoes as collateral while the skates are rented. Replacing rental skates on shelves when customers return skates. Assist customers in the proper fit of rental skates making sure laces are tied and buckles are fastened securely. Pass out skating aids as needed. Control and entertain the crowd through the use of generational music, lighting & enthusiasm. Assist in the cleanliness of the ISC by picking up loose trash, ensuring that EST’s (cleaners) are notified of spills. Keep the rental room clean and organized.
- Perform any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by a member of the ISC management. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- No education requirements.
- Skating experience required.
- Must by 16 years of age or older.
- Work permit from your high school counselor required.
- Good communication skills and able to work well with others.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend