Access Services Assistant, Part-Time
Job no: 494210
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: University Library
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
This position provides administrative and technical support to the Access Services Manager and Coordinator. This is a part-time position not eligible for university benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Provide coverage at the Library Help desk
- Fulfill E-ZBorrow and ILLiad lending and borrowing requests as needed.
- Open and close the Library periodically as needed.
- Support the Access Services Assistant to maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment, make purchases as needed or directed, manage necessary paperwork, and ensure working order of all equipment.
- Generate reports, mailings, labels, or other specially-formatted documents, spreadsheets, signage, or forms as directed by the Dean, Department Head, or as requested by other librarians or staff.
- Answer Library telephones and respond to general inquiries received by the Library; sort and distribute Library mail.
- Handle correspondence with respect to overdue items; contact Library patrons via email or regular mail for the return of or payment for lost items; process invoices from other libraries for lost items; create invoices for lost RMU items when necessary.
- Conduct searches for lost and missing books.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited institution required.
- One or more years of library experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend