Job no: 494227
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: University Police
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The position provides law enforcement and public safety services to the University community. It is a sworn position and requires the carrying of a firearm.
- Enforce the laws legislated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the rules/regulations established by the University. Provide law enforcement, security, and police related services to the University community in an effort to enhance the safety and security of people and property. Conduct proactive mobile and foot patrols in an effort to deter or detect criminal activity, security breaches, or public safety issues. Respond to incidents and/or requests for assistance by the University community and take appropriate action to either resolve or contain a situation. Conduct preliminary investigations of criminal and related non-criminal incidents. Document criminal and related non-criminal incidents, using established departmental reports and/or forms, in an accurate and timely manner. Ensure that designated University facilities are locked and unlocked at specified times. Provide traffic and crowd control, as directed, during special events or when necessary/appropriate. Enforce all rules and regulations pertaining to the University Parking Program by issuing parking citations during the course of their assigned shift. Enhance the University community’s awareness about safety and security issues through informal discussions and formal programming, as directed. Provide general information to the University community and its visitors, when requested. This position will need to drive on behalf of the University. Perform related police duties as required.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree preferred.
- Previous law enforcement experience preferred, ideally in a campus setting.
- Excellent verbal, communication and problem-solving skills a must.
- Certification under Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Act 120 (Municipal Police Officers Education Training Commission).
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Pre-employment Criminal Background Check, Psychological, Drug and Alcohol Tests.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend