Administrative Assistant for Graduate Programs
Job no: 494510
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: School of Informatics, Humanities and Social Sciences
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Coordinates and performs administrative functions and office work for the graduate programs in the School of Informatics, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- Assists the graduate program directors by performing administrative functions and general office work for all graduate programs within the school.
- Assists graduate program directors and department heads in the hiring process for adjunct and part-time faculty.
- Answers students’ questions and, when needed, refers them to the appropriate administrators, faculty and staff. Prepares forms and materials for the department heads’ signatures, including student waivers, late class admits, grade change requests and independent/directed studies. Assists administrators in communication with prospective students, and alumni.
- Serves as the liaison between doctoral students and the university. Attends doctoral residencies one Saturday per month. Registers doctoral students for all classes.
- Coordinates events related to graduate recruiting and retention, advising, student orientation, guest speakers, recognition ceremonies and other graduate program events. Schedules facilities, prepares materials and mailings, orders equipment and food, and attends the function.
- Coordinates and attends graduate program meetings. Prepares materials and provides secretarial support when needed.
- Assists administrators in developing and revising program brochures and website content.
- Assists SIHSS administrators and Administrative Assistants, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of office/secretarial experience required, preferably in higher education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software and technologies and grow academically as required.
- Multitasking skills.
- Time management skills.
- Build empathy and trust with coworkers
- Ability to problem solve and function independently.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, make independent judgments and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with co-workers, students, faculty, administrators and staff, as well as external constituents.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend