Donor Relations Assistant
Job no: 494634
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Development
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The Donor Relations Assistant (DRA) will provide direct fundraising support to the Donor Relations Coordinator by processing donations and receipting donors of the University as well as serving as a resource for data. The DRA must be capable of working independently to determine and set priorities within the gift recording and receipting process. Maturity, tact, sensitivity and understanding donor intent are crucial to insure positive and productive interactions with all donors of the University. The DRA will be an energetic and team oriented individual that is seeking experience in the field of fundraising and data management. This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position. Hours worked are not to exceed 950 hours annually.
- Process and receipt University donations--Includes retrieving gifts received through mail, phone, personal contact and electronic means and entering gifts in the database; preparing control sheets for remittance to Finance Office on daily basis; writing and processing acknowledgement letters and matching gift form completion and processing.
- Perform various updates to the constituency database (The Raiser's Edge)--Includes individual record updates; perform multiple data file queries and exports for solicitation purposes (ex. In-house, outsourced mailings and requests from fundraising staff).
- Will work with the entire Institutional Advancement staff to retrieve data from the Alumni and Donor database, Raiser’s Edge.
- Generate Donation Reports--Includes generating appropriate daily, weekly, monthly and annual donor related reports for the Donor Relations Coordinator and the Institutional Advancement staff.
- Provide other appropriate assistance related to fundraising projects and transaction inquiries; perform related work as assigned by the Donor Relations Coordinator.
- Conduct database and internet research to identify alumni and donor prospects and provide briefing sheets on prospective donors as assigned by Donor Relations Coordinator and the Institutional Advancement staff.
- Associate’s degree required or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in an office environment.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills to work collaboratively in a team and results-based environment; ability to manage time, priorities and projects.
- Microsoft product knowledge a must.
- Warm, professional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a range of staff, faculty, volunteers, alumni, current and prospective donors and the general public.
- A positive, achievement-oriented attitude and proactive work ethic.
- The ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive donor giving information.
- Experience with database programs (i.e. Raiser’s Edge) is preferred.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend