Veterans Admissions Specialist, Part-Time
Job no: 494657
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Admissions - Transfer, Online and Colonial Hub
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The Veterans Admissions Specialist serves the needs of prospective veteran students and their dependents throughout the admissions process by assisting them with applying to RMU, obtaining military transcripts, and understanding the financial aid process. This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position. All other duties as assigned. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- The Veterans Admissions Specialist serves as a liaison between academic schools, admissions, financial aid, and the Center for Veterans and Military Families, as well as serving as a point of contact for veterans and their families and being responsible for a small recruitment load. Will provide assistance to veterans and their families with applying to RMU, obtaining military transcripts, understanding the financial aid process, and learning about RMU academic programs.
- Travel to veterans fairs, job fairs, education fairs, community colleges, and other such venues, to assist with veterans outreach efforts.
- Serves as a resource for admissions and financial aid staff members to advise students and families when utilizing dependent military benefits.
- On occasion may need to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
- All other duties as assigned. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One year of experience working with veterans is desired. Strong preference given to military service background.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player, self-motivated, driven, personable individual.
- Valid drivers license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend