Assistant Coach, Men's Club Rugby
Job no: 494668
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Campus Recreation
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
Robert Morris University is looking for an Assistant Coach for the Men's Club Rugby Team. The University is a proud member of the National Small College Rugby Organization (NSCRO) with successful men's and women's programs.
- Duties/Responsibilities: Use expert technical knowledge to assist in the development of a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence. This includes: Assist in the organization, supervision and development of practice drills and conditioning. Will teach on-field skills and development. Provide coaching to the student athletes during home and away competitions. The team practices 2-3 times per week and plays games most weekends during the season. There are 3-5 away games during the season which typically occur on weekends. Preference is for the coach to attend all practices and games.
- Assist with the coordination of recruiting and camps as well as the recruitment and marketing of the team. Will assist with off-season conditioning/video breakdown.
- On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University.
- All other duties as assigned. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per the calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- High School Diploma or GED is required; college degree is preferred.
- One year minimum of coaching at the high school or collegiate level is required.
- Must be a reliable, self-motivated, team-player, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend