Job no: 494670
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Athletics Training
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Serves as athletic trainer for the intercollegiate varsity program within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Robert Morris University and the NCAA.
- Develops and conducts athletic training programs to prevent, treat and rehabilitate physical injuries during practices, games, and at other times as indicated.
- Administering exercises and controlled therapeutic modalities to treat or rehabilitate injuries as instructed by the team physician, including heat, ice, ultrasound, and other modalities as indicated.
- Make initial diagnoses regarding injuries that occur outside the presence of a physician, with referral to the team physician when indicated.
- Is present at team practices and competition during the assigned team’s competition season, including accompanying the team on trips for competition away from campus.
- Serves as a primary liaison between the Athletic Department and medical personnel in arranging for evaluation and treatment of injuries that require specialty care.
- Supervises the referral of students to the University Health Center or Counseling Center as indicated.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of student-athlete injuries and treatments, including medical documentation as well as weekly progress reports of injury status for use by team coaches.
- Engaged in the documentation required for the processing of insurance claims.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two years of athletic training experience preferred.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and University/NCAA rules.
- Valid driver's license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
- Athletic Training Certification (NATA) required and eligible for PA State Certification.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend