Assistant Manager, Instructional Design
Job no: 494702
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Online Programs
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Assistant Manager, Instructional Design is responsible for overseeing and leading the creative direction and project management associated with the development of online courses. The Assistant Manager will lead the work with the faculty designing the courses and the reviewers conducting the review of the courses. The Assistant Manager will create a schedule for RMU online courses to comply with RMU’s online course development processes and procedures necessary for a smooth design and delivery process. The Assistant Manager will take the lead in the Department in organizing and conducting training workshops for teaching and learning online. The Assistant Manager will lead and manage instructional design staff and student workers assigned in that area of the department.
- Work directly with faculty and manage course designers, as partners with faculty in the course development/course revision process.
- Lead and manage the development/revision plan including deadlines and design requirements.
- Oversee the course mapping process with faculty to ensure minimum requirements are met for design and/or revision.
- Utilize instructional design knowledge to apply the appropriate technology, learning theory, and assessment for the successful measurement of outcomes.
- At the completion of the development/revision process, lead the work in appraising each course against RMU''s Minimum Quality Standards and, if needed, identify and provide tips to correct any issues.
- Create, organize and conduct training workshops for teaching and learning online.
- Have lead responsibility in developing, revising, and maintaining online instructional formats and content in all course developments/revisions and in all communications with faculty.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a standard design template for online courses, and utilizing already established online course design principles.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, development and reviewing performance of the staff.
- Maintain expertise related to online course development/revision and other services provided by the instructional design team.
- Remain current and have a thorough understanding of the latest industry technology tools and trends in online education.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's and Master's degree are required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and revising online courses in higher education is preferred.
- Knowledge of Blackboard is required.
- Understanding of IT applications for instructional design purposes.Experience in best practices in teaching online in higher education.
- Experience in training faculty to teach online.
- Experience with multiple learning management systems is preferred.
- Experience in working with faculty to develop online courses relative to the degree program.
- Experience in creating online courses from master syllabus through duplication in a course management system.
- Excellent project management skills, written and verbal communication skills and excellent understanding and application of technology for instructional design purposes.
- Ability to manage multiple online course development simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Quality Matters (QM) certification is required.
- Instructional Design certification is preferred.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend