Guest Services Associate, Part Time
Job no: 494707
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Guest Services
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The position is responsible for greeting guests as they arrive at the Island Sports Center (ISC). Must have strong organizational and communication skills and be able to perform all other duties associated with guest service support.
This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Responsible for greeting guests as they arrive to the center and attending to their needs and ensuring all services are paid. Checks in user groups and organizes parties.
- Responsible for answering telephones, taking messages, checking voicemail and transferring calls.
- Responsible for enrolling customers in Sports Center programs and editing enrollments as necessary.
- Performs opening, closing and balancing of the register.
- Maintains guest information in the Sports Center database. Prepares sign-in sheets, copies and flyers. Responsible for sending faxes, sorting mail and waivers, folding brochures, cleaning the desk area and maintaining adequate supplies.
- All other duties as assigned by the Guest Service Manager and Supervisor and Island Sports Center Chief Executive Officer.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in busy environments and with different people.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend