Course Catalog and Curriculum Specialist
Job no: 494754
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Registrar's Office
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The position coordinates with the University to develop and maintain the university catalog as well as academic records and scheduling. This includes creating and maintaining course and academic program information in the student information system and curriculum management system. The position works with academic departments to produce the university class schedule each semester, in addition to assigning classroom space. This position requires attention to detail, provides timely service, and strategic support areas related to the Office of the Registrar. Finally, this position will provide broad-base support to projects and initiatives within the Office of the Registrar.
- Coordinate with schools, departments, programs and administrative offices to collect information for the Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs.
- Collaborate to ensure information in the University Catalogs, Student Information System (SIS) and Curriculum Management System is consistent, error-free and current.
- Processes curriculum program changes in the SIS.
- Processes upcoming semester of course schedule into the SIS system.
- Processes requests from departments to modify class schedule information, including changes to days, times, credit hours, capacities, locations, and instructors.
- Assigns classroom space according to department preferences, equipment needs, location, and available space.
- Work to resolve space scheduling conflicts as they arise and communicates all changes in an appropriate and timely manner to department heads and associate deans.
- Monitors department compliance with university standardized time blocks and reviews requests for exceptions to policy.
- Assists in creating the final exam schedule each semester and locates available space for exams.
- Assists in updating enrollment and degree verifications in the National Student Clearing House database.
- Assists in processing and responding to requests for student transcripts, enrollment and degree verification.
- Assists in processing change of majors.
- Assists with program outcomes assessment and course sequence guides.
- Assists in the preparation and conduct of University Commencement exercises.
- Creates and updates forms.
- Assists with waitlist notification to students.
- Assist the University Registrar with necessary innovative and technical implementations.
- Performs other duties as related to the position.
- Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two plus years working in higher education.
- Excellent oral, written communication and organizational skills; ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to multitask in a high volume work environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, and the public.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Proficient in Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, and Drive) as well as Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Willingness to take initiative in identifying work needed to be done as well as offering assistance to other staff is essential.
- General knowledge of web applications and student information systems.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend