Enrollment Coordinator and Academic Advisor Pre-Licensure Nursing
Job no: 494881
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: BSN Nursing Program
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The position performs advisor activities for the Pre-licensure BSN Nursing Programs (Traditional and Second-Degree Options). Work is performed under the direct supervision of the BSN Program Director. This position works on campus.
- Participates in recruitment efforts as needed.
- Reviews admission applications, evaluates credentials and makes recommendation for admission decisions in consultation with the BSN Program Director.
- Refers students to the appropriate admissions counselor, financial aid or director for follow up as necessary.
- Establishes initial communication and provides ongoing advisement for freshmen and sophomore undergraduate nursing program students related to progression and retention.
- Establishes initial communication, initiates transcript reviews and record -keeping, and provides initial advising with transfer (including change of major) and second degree students.
- Assists undergraduate nursing students with registration and resources; answers specific questions concerning curriculum, program requirements, policies, check-sheets, degree information and student problems in collaboration with the Program Director.
- Responsible for keeping records for the traditional and second degree undergraduate Nursing Programs and working with other staff to track enrollment and progression of nursing students, primarily in the pre-licensure BSN nursing programs.
- Use data related to enrollment and progression to develop plans for proposed semester course offerings.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, determines semester course scheduling and submits requests for the BSN nursing programs to the Program Director by required deadlines.
- Support program and accreditation requirements; assists in collecting data relative to the program enrollment, attrition and graduation rates, projected courses and submits report to the Program Director.
- Collaborates with university personnel for Student Success Collaborative initiatives.
- Performs other miscellaneous related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in nursing, health related field, education, management or communications fields; Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of academic environments. Experience with academic advising, enrollment coordination or working in higher education preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. A willingness to develop computer skills, adjust to other updated technology and grow academically as required. Strong technology and computer skills required.
- Strong professional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; problem solving skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work without supervision; ability to make independent judgments.
- Good customer relations skills needed to interact closely with staff, faculty and students, deal with multiple constituencies and work with a diverse population.
- RN License preferred but will consider other qualified candidates with higher education experience.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend