Trees Network Outreach Support Specialist
Job no: 494900
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Education
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The RMU Trees Network Outreach Support Specialist, reporting to the department head of Education, serves as one of the points of contact with public, private, parochial, and special schools, parent groups, families, and community based agencies. Partnering with the Network Director (Special Education Endowed Professor), the incumbent is responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining networking relationships. The Outreach Support Specialist will manage, monitor, and report on outreach activities.
- Responsible for outreach to public, private, parochial, and special schools, parent groups, families, and community based agencies serving individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Create and maintain a central distribution center of resources and service providers.
- Assist in consultative meetings with parents, parent support groups, and training events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in special education is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience or related experience in special education is required.
- Proficient knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office packages and social media. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- PA Special Education Certification required.
- A valid drivers license or the ability to travel on behalf of the University.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend