Women's Leadership and Mentorship Program Specialist
Job no: 494904
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Women's Leadership and Mentorship Program
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position performs various administrative and programmatic support functions for the Women’s Leadership and Mentorship Program. Work is performed under general supervision of the WLMP Director and Manager.
- Independently assume responsibility for all aspects of the mentor-mentee relationship with part of our student groups, including recruitment, screening, training, matching, monitoring, and support.
- Serve as the liaison with The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern PA, and together with the WLMP Manager, coordinate mentorship quality among all WLMP mentor/mentee pairs.
- Independently coordinate relevant leadership and mentorship programs/activities with other campus entities, such as Center for Global Engagement, Career Center, Student Life, etc,
- Assist the WLMP Director and Manager with developing, coordinating, and facilitating WLMP programs and events, including logistics, such as scheduling facilities and catering, sending invitations, managing RSVPs, ordering event supplies and print materials, and managing all registration responsibilities at events.
- Build and maintain systems/databases (Access) that allows tracking of all WLMP participants, including students, mentors, donors, and alumnae. Responsible for data entry, data management, and assistance with analyses and reporting.
- Interface with vendors and the RMU Public Relations and Marketing office to ensure high quality promotional and marketing items and publications.
- Maintain the WLMP website and various social media sites in consultation with the WLMP Faculty Coordinator and Manager.
- Represent the University and the WLMP at relevant outreach, recruitment, and alumni events.
- General office duties: Prepare and mail both electronic and print communications to all participants, including prospective students and mentors; answer telephones; take messages, and schedule appointments/meetings; and maintain the WLMP office and order program supplies.
- Perform any and all relevant duties of the position.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of three years office/administrative support experience, preferably in higher education.
- Commitment to women, women’s leadership, mentorship, and empowerment.
- Experience in event management preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computers including the Microsoft Office package; willingness to develop computer and technology skills, adjust to other updated technology, and grow professionally as required.
- Proficient in Google Apps, including Gmail and calendar, is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, and organizational skills; professional demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills needed to interact closely and collaboratively with staff, faculty, students, RMU administrators, alumni, and outside constituents.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and exercise professional judgment.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend