Assistant Coach, Strength and Conditioning
Job no: 494911
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Athletics Administration
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for assisting the management and administration of the intercollegiate Strength and Conditioning program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Northeast Conference, and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of Strength and Conditioning to develop a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence.
- Organize, supervise, and instruct with a hands-on approach the conditioning and workouts for the athletes in the various intercollegiate programs in the Department.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude toward all sports within the RMU intercollegiate athletics program.
- Supervise apprentices and interns in their work with various athletic teams.
- Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes and other supportive staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Make recommendations to the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach regarding procurement of needed training equipment within budgetary guidelines
- Perform public relations duties and activities with faculty, students, parents, contributors, alumni, and University administrators. Promote strength and conditioning at a local, state, and national level.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Head Strength h& Conditioning Coach.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in strength and conditioning coaching.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Commitment to NCAA and University rules
- Strong commitment and organizational skills.
- Motivates student-athletes to receive a quality experience both in the classroom and in intercollegiate athletic competition.
- Dedicated to enhancing the intellectual, social, and personal development of Robert Morris University student-athletes.
- Promotes academic achievement, good sporting and ethical conduct, and equitable opportunity for students and staff, including women and minorities.
- Views success based not on wins and losses, but as an essential part of the educational mission of the University and the welfare of our student-athletes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement with high degrees of discretion, confidentiality and integrity.
- Helpful and compassionate when working with faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in an ever-changing atmosphere.
- Exemplifies strong computer skills.
- Ability to set and reach goals.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to be available by phone and email after typical business hours if position requires use of a cell phone.
- Ability to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
- Committed to principles of ethical conduct, integrity and excellence.
- Prepared to provide a safe and comprehensive training environment to include, but not limited to, increasing specific sports performance, reducing potential injury risk and education of proper nutrition.
- Ability to think creatively to develop new, innovative programs to enhance Robert Morris University and promote higher success rates for RMU’s student-athletes.
- CPR certification required.
- Valid driver's license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend