Head Coach, Women's Track and Field/Cross Country
Job no: 494950
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Women's Track and Field
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for student-athlete welfare and the management and administration of the intercollegiate Women’s Track and Field program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Northeast Conference, and the NCAA. On occasion may travel on behalf of the University.
- Use expert technical knowledge of Women’s Track and Field to develop and coach a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, organizing and supervising practice, conditioning, and workouts, overseeing home events and managing travel for away events, supervising staff, and demonstrating athletic excellence.
- Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other supportive staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Assist with the preparation and control of, and operate within, the budget established for respective sport.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. Assist with the coordination of admissions with the Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and the Office of Enrollment Management. Arrange and oversee all campus visitations and travel itineraries, as well as supervise all correspondence with prospects, coaches, parents, alumni, etc., including mailings and responses.
- Encourage and promote excellence in academics from student-athletes. Assist the Assistant Director of Athletics for Academics in implementation of the academic support services, including study hall, monitoring of individual student-athletes academic performance and personal development, and referral to appropriate University academic resources.
- Perform public relations duties and activities with faculty, students, parents, contributors, alumni, and University administrators. Promote respective sport at a local, state, and national level. Participate in fundraising activities as appropriate.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes.
- Establish and ensure communication and enforcement of RMU, Athletic Department, and team regulations regarding student conduct, appearance, and behavior.
- Knowledge of and commitment to all NCAA, conference, and University regulations, policies, and procedures. Report any known or suspected NCAA violations to the Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance, Director of Athletics, or Faculty Athletics Representative. Violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or correction action up to, and including termination of employment. Work closely with the Director of Compliance to complete required compliance paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelors's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- At least five years of coaching in the sport of Women's Track and Field/Cross Country at the collegiate level required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to student-athlete welfare, academic success, NCAA/University rules.
- Valid drivers license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend