Director, RISE Center
Job no: 495040
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: RISE Center
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Research and Innovation in Simulation Education (RISE) Center Director is a 12-month staff position reporting to the Chief Nurse Administrator/Associate Dean in the School of Nursing, Education and Human Studies. This position requires an energetic and visionary leader, effective manager and experienced educator who is responsible for the overall educational and operational aspects of the RISE Center
- Day-to-day operations as required to maintain a fully functional simulation education center in alignment with the RISE Center Strategic and Operations Plan.
- Development and implementation of policies, procedures and practice standards consistent with mission and goals.
- Lead accreditation-related efforts and maintain RISE Center accreditation standards.
- In collaboration with school-level administration, prepare annual budget, monitor revenue/expenditures and manage funding sources. Ensure vendor and partnership agreements are maintained and revenue sources are maximized.
- Ensure high quality simulation-based education and research activities utilizing available resources. Acquire additional tools to create a realistic state-of-the-art learning environment.
- In collaboration with nursing administration and faculty, facilitate an evaluation process to promote growth and improvement of programs, courses, staff and students. Utilize evaluation data to identify opportunities for improvement, innovation, implementation and integration of patient simulation technology into existing nursing and healthcare curricula. Institute continuous quality improvement strategies for simulation program improvement.
- In collaboration with nursing administration, oversee and provide direct supervision of RISE Center personnel. Responsible for hiring, coaching, developing and reviewing performance of RISE personnel, including part-time staff and graduate assistants.
- Collaborate with internal and external users to advance the use of simulation in healthcare education. Promote the visibility and interests of the RISE Center through participation in public relations events, tours, etc.
- Serve as simulation mentor and educator, promoting collaboration and team-teaching.
- All other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in nursing required.
- At least four years of experience in planning, developing, implementing, evaluating and customizing clinical, educational and/or simulation programs preferred.
- At least four years of professional experience as a practitioner in a clinical environment, with significant exposure to direct patient care preferred.
- Experience in a leadership role with demonstrated communication skills to professionally represent the school and university to internal and external constituencies.
- Advanced computer and technical skills to manage simulations, including hardware equipment and software applications relevant to simulator functions.
- Advanced analytical skills necessary to develop sound recommendations and assist in implementing policies and procedures, evaluating outcomes and developing educational programs; ability to work on several projects concurrently while maintaining details and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding job assignments and sensitive issues.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) Certificate preferred; must be willing to obtain within two years of hire.
- Current unencumbered PA RN licensure required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend