Environmental Services Technician, Part-Time
Job no: 495053
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Facilities Environmental Services
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
This position performs manual work in the custodial care of University buildings and parking facilities. In addition, incumbents will be required to provide support for University athletic events, as well as other events as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Assistant Director, Environmental Services. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform manual work to support events and the custodial care of University buildings and parking facilities.
- Perform custodial duties for campus buildings, parking facilities, building entrances, conference and event facilities, and other venues.
- Set up/tear down of event equipment and provide event support.
- Collect/dispose of refuse and waste materials from University facilities.
- Operate equipment to strip, scrub, wax, and refinish floors; clean carpets and upholstery; wash windows, door frames and walls; perform light maintenance duties and provide event support; snow removal; and related work as required.
- On occasion may need to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience performing custodial type work preferred.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard transmission.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, any shift at all campus locations, and report to work during any University closings.
- Ability to work in all weather types.
- Valid driver's license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend