Adult Ice and Inline Hockey Coordinator
Job no: 495079
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Hockey, ISC
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position is located at RMU Island Sports Center supporting the Adult and Inline hockey programs. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Hockey Director. Employee is responsible for carrying out orders as well as working independently at times in a variety of activities at the RMU Island Sports Center as determined by the Hockey Director and/or ISC management.
- Adult and Inline Hockey Program Support: Works closely with the Hockey Director and Assistant Hockey Director in the development, administration and promotion of all aspects of ice and inline adult hockey programs and related budget. Makes recommendations to Hockey Director for hiring and disciplining assistants, coaches, instructors, and any related adult ice/inline hockey staff, personnel and participants. Assists with ISC staff in ensuring that the needs of our guests are met through well organized, staffed and maintained ice and inline adult hockey programs; also responsible for ensuring safe, clean, well maintained and organized conditions, as well as excellent customer service.
- Program Coordination: Prepares and administers various league schedules and enters them onto website and other required outlets. Prepares and administers score sheets, sign-in sheets, waivers and other necessary items. Coordinates league meetings. Provides a presence with customers when Adult Ice and Inline Hockey programs are active at the facility. Verifies and ensures payments are made on a timely basis for all teams and individuals in Adult Hockey programs. Schedules and runs team representative and coaches meeting and seminars. Records and reports details of all accidents and incidents.
- Other: Works flexible shifts during the week, weekends, days, evenings, later evenings, holidays and holiday periods. Works overtime (40+ hours/week) is required as needed; vacation approval may be limited during peak activity time frames. Maintains a general knowledge of facility programs to be able to respond to customer questions. Works with other ice and inline hockey and skating programs, assisting as requested and/or needed. Acts as an active ice and inline hockey instructor/coach in ISC hockey programs, as needed. Serves as a back-up for Hockey Director and Assistant Hockey Director in his/her absence. Participates in job related training clinics and seminars.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1+ years adult hockey league management experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills for working with Internet, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Excel required.
- Ability to receive work orders verbally or in writing.
- Ability to work well independently and with co-workers.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and collaborative manner with the general public and customers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend