Secretary II Part-time
Job no: 495115
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: School of Business
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The position performs secretarial functions and general office work for academic department heads, faculty members and the School of Business. Work is performed under the general supervision of the academic department heads. This is a part-time, non-benefit position limited to 950 hours per calendar year and no more than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Assist the department heads with ordering and purchasing office and classroom supplies and services.
- Assist the department heads with monitoring departmental budgets, preparing purchase orders and invoices, and maintaining documentation for all departmental expenses.
- Prepare materials, attend, and record the minutes of department meetings.
- Coordinate advisory board meetings, conferences, recognition ceremonies, student orientation, and other departmental events.
- Support School functions as requested by the Dean.
- Prepare and distribute confirmation letters and contracts for adjunct and part-time faculty under the supervision of the department heads.
- Answer routine student inquiries, and when needed, refer students to the appropriate administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Assist the department heads and/or the faculty in preparing academic forms (student waivers, late class admissions, grade change requests, and independent/directed studies, etc.) needing their signatures.
- Make travel arrangements for the department heads, faculty, candidates for faculty positions, and departmental visitors.
- Support departments and the School in AACSB and Middle States accreditation related activities.
- Provide other secretarial and administrative support as requested by department heads.
- Academic degree preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of office/administrative experience, preferably in an educational setting.
- Proficient knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office packages. A willingness to develop additional computer skills, adjust to other updated technology and grow academically as required.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and communication skills; ability to multi-task.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and typing skills; ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend