Evening Circulation Assistant
Job no: 495140
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: University Library
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
Will oversee the University Library service operations hours and assist all patrons with library service related requests.
- Monitor and oversee the evening Circulation Student Assistants at the University’s Library Service Desk. Must have familiarity with computers and technology; ability to learn automated systems. Assist University Library patrons with print reserve requests, item check-in/out and other library service-related requests. Process and fulfill incoming/outgoing ILL and EZ-Borrow requests as needed. Assist with maintaining the operation of photocopiers and scanners within the University Library. Will lift and shelve books.
- Will be responsible for overseeing the University Library service operations hours during the time frame 5:00 p.m. – 11:15 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and as needed. Responsible for closing the University Library at 11:15 p.m. during the Fall and Spring academic terms with late hours until 1:00 a.m. during the final two weeks of each semester. Responsible for closing the University Library during summer months at an evening time to be determined.
- Ability to work a varied and flexible work schedule, primarily evenings and weekends with late hours. Ability to report for work during university delays and/or closings (due to inclement weather, outages, etc).
- All other duties as assigned. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Associate's Degree is required.
- 1+ years of office experience is required.
- Previous experience monitoring and overseeing others is preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with co-workers, subordinates and/or patrons of the University Library is required.
- Excellent attention to detail is required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be student-focused.
- Must be a self-starter and reliable.
- Must be able to assume responsibility and work independently.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend