Senior Manager, Environmental Services
Job no: 495249
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Facilities Environmental Services
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Senior Manager, Environmental Services administers and directs programs that ensure that all University facilities are clean, safe, and well maintained. The Senior Manager, EVS establishes priorities for cleaning services and operations, plans for and responds to weather events and campus events, and responds to emergency situations. The Senior Manager, EVS performs responsible supervisory and administrative duties for over 20 employees, ensuring that custodial services meet established standards. The Senior Manager, EVS develops constructive relationships with clients, coworkers, supervisors, and peers and presents the goals, objectives, and service philosophy of Facilities Management to the campus community, works as a team member with other members in Facilities Management, and promotes a team mentality within Environmental Services to develop, support, and implement the goals and objectives of Facilities Management.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience: With the high school diploma or the equivalent, at least ten years of progressively responsible experience is required; with an Associate’s degree, seven years of progressively responsible experience is required; with a Bachelor’s degree, five years of progressively responsible experience is required. Experience must demonstrate the management of custodial operations. Experience must include the supervision of custodial staff and associated administrators. Experience in custodial operations in a higher education campus setting or with a state organization in a campus setting is preferred.
- Professional Knowledge, Skill, and Technical Mastery:
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Interactions with Others
- Job Controls and Guidelines
- Managerial Responsibility
- Ability to be available by phone and email after typical business hours if position requires use of a cell phone.
- Ability to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend