Pro Shop Associate
Job no: 495267
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Pro Shop
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
This position is responsible for greeting and assisting the guests at the Island Sports Center Pro Shop with their questions, needs and purchases. This is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits.
Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Greeting guests either by telephone or as they enter the Pro Shop and recognizing their needs.
- Operate and maintain the skate sharpener and skate service area.
- Recommending and fitting customers with equipment and apparel based on each customers sizing needs. Entering the purchases into the Max Galaxy point of sale register and accepting payments.
- Restocking, organizing and cleaning the sales floor. Resetting the sales floor after busy periods.
- Opening, closing and balancing the point of sale cash register.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of retail customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work in busy sales environment required.
- Skating industry specific experience preferred.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check: No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend