Manager, Test for Success Program
Job no: 495293
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: BSN Nursing Program
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The Test for Success (TFS) Program Manager is responsible for implementation and integration of a comprehensive academic success program for pre-licensure nursing students in the BSN program. This position reports to the BSN Program Director and is dedicated to the pursuit of academic excellence. The TFS Manager guides students toward improved performance through initial assessment, goal-setting, coaching and facilitating effective, independent study skills and test-taking strategies. This is a part-time, not benefit eligible position limited to 950 hours per calendar year and generally limited to 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required; Master’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in student support services, counseling, and/or academic advising leading to increased retention and academic outcomes, preferably in higher education required.
- Experience with teaching/coaching related to test taking strategies, study skills, time and stress management required.
- Experience with standardized testing in nursing (i.e., HESI, NCLEX, and NCLEX style questions) required.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact positively and proactively building strong collaborative teams and alliances with students, faculty and staff; maintain professional attitude.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to best support the needs of pre-licensure program with possible weekend/evening hours required.
- Ability to maintain a student-focused approach and sensitivity to students of diverse backgrounds and learning needs.
- Ability to interact positively and proactively to build strong collaborative teams and alliances with students, faculty and staff; maintain professional attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain accurate and confidential records required.
- Current unencumbered PA RN licensure required.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend