Career Center Coordinator
Job no: 495350
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Career and Professional Development Center
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Career Center Coordinator supports the leadership of the Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) and the Senior Vice President of Corporate Relations and Strategic Initiatives in fulfilling the Center’s mission of developing strategic partnerships with employers to fulfill their talent acquisition needs and in creating innovative employment, internship and other professional development opportunities for the University’s career-ready students. The Coordinator administers the Academic Internship Program (AIP) and other career development educational initiatives, and maintains the Center’s online registration, job posting, on-campus recruiting, and event management system. This position assists in the planning, organizing and execution of all on-campus and remote recruiting activities for employers including career fairs, campus visits, and workshops. Maintaining strong relationships with employers, corporate partners, students and internal departments is essential. Also the position provides the overall administrative support for the CPDC including regular office duties, coordination of the office’s student workers, compiling of all statistical information for required reporting, and other duties as needed.
- Administers the Academic Internship Program (AIP) and other similar professional development educational programs including: Assisting the Assistant Director in the communication with employers, site supervisors, students, faculty, and academic department heads regarding employment preparation, completion of appropriate forms, and the adherence to policies and procedures. This includes fostering participation in the program through remote or in-person informational sessions for both employers and students. Additionally, the position maintains all databases and records for required monthly and annual reporting.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and execution of all on-campus and remote/virtual recruiting activities for employers like career fairs, campus visits, and workshops. Welcomes employers and participating students and ensures the on-campus interview rooms are properly set-up for in-person or remote recruiting activities. Also maintains current employer and recruiter contact information and tracking accurate recruiting data including the number of recruiting activities and participation statistics.
- Develop a robust operating knowledge of the online registration, job posting, on-campus recruiting, and event management system (currently Handshake). This includes creating career fairs, providing information to employers on how to create profiles and enter employment/internship opportunities, helping students connect with employers, and entering and extracting data as required.
- Maintains online resources (website and social media) and other informational resources for students and employers.
- Provides regular administrative support including the coordinating meetings, sending correspondence, creating informative materials, and filing documents.
- Assists with data collection, compilation, and writing of required and ad-hoc reports
- Assists with student employee supervision
- Maintains office supply and PR/Marketing/Event Tabling item inventory
- Performs other assignments as required to meet department’s goals
- Position may require occasional weekend and evening hours
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Student Personnel Services, Student Affairs, Business Administration, Human Resources, Leadership or a related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in business administration, recruitment and/or talent acquisition, student services, customer support or corporate relations preferably in a higher education environment.
- Must be customer service oriented; possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to enhance the use of technology in meeting department and student needs.
- Thorough knowledge of business operations and higher education.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and multitasking skills.
- Robust Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and highly detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently yet also collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret statistical data, and provide accurate and timely information.
- Ability to think creatively to develop new, innovative ideas, and exhibit logical problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to be available by phone and email after typical business hours if position requires use of a cell phone.
- Ability to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend