Environmental Services Technician
Job no: 495386
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Facilities Environmental Services
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The position performs manual work in the custodial care of all university buildings and facilities, including residence halls. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Facilities Specialist II and/or Assistant Directors. Coverage is 24/7 – 365 days/year and overtime may be necessary to accomplish work assignments and/or shift coverage. Vacations (PTO) approval may be limited during peak activity periods. This position may be required to work as scheduled during university closings.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Two years of experience in an applied trade preferred.
- Must have the ability to receive work orders and follow orders verbally or in writing.
- Must have the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must have the ability to work well with co-workers.
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions, in unpleasant areas.
- Must be able to clean spills of various substances such as body fluids or chemical substances.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, climb ladders, remain standing and walking for long periods of time, ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to maintain an acceptable record of attendance, punctuality and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work any shift, at any campus location.
- Must be able to work overtime, limit PTO (paid time off) during peak activity periods and work as scheduled during University closings when needed.
- Must adhere to all University and departmental policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Valid driver’s license is required or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend