Assistant Director, Hockey
Job no: 495416
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Island Sports Center
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position is located at RMU Island Sports Center. Work is performed under the direction and general supervision of the Hockey Director. Employee is responsible for carrying out orders as well as working independently in a variety of activities as determined by the Hockey Director and/or his/her superior.
- Assist Hockey Director and assume Hockey Director’s duties in his/her absence.
- Assist Hockey Director and ISC staff with ensuring that the needs of ISC guests are met through well organized, staffed and maintained ice, inline and dek hockey programs, as well as safe, clean, well maintained and organized conditions, plus excellent customer service.
- Assist and work closely with Hockey Director in the development, administration and promotion of all aspects of ice and inline/dek youth and adult hockey programs.
- Be an active hockey instructor/coach and administrator in ISC hockey programs.
- Work with Skating and Power Skating Directors and assist their programs, as requested and/or needed.
- Assist Hockey Director in the development, administration and monitoring of Hockey Department budget.
- Train, evaluate, counsel, make recommendations to Hockey Director for hiring and disciplining assistants, scorekeepers, coaches, referees, instructors, and any related ice, inline and dek hockey staff or personnel.
- Schedule and run team rep and coaches meetings and seminars.
- Serve ISC guests in any way to promote their safety and enjoyment of our facility.
- Participate in job related training clinics and seminars
- Record and report details of all accidents and incidents.
- Recognize immediate problem areas and immediately correct them. Know when to refer problems that may not be able to be handled immediately to management or supervisor for correction.
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service and maintain a general knowledge of facility programs to be able to respond to customer questions.
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Hockey playing experience and/or coaching experience and/or instructing experience and/or administrative experience at various levels of amateur and/or professional hockey preferred
- USA Hockey registered and active member as administrator, instructor, and/or coach preferred
- General knowledge of business operations
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Multitasking skills
- Time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Logic and reasoning skills
- Independent judgement with a high degree of discretion, confidentiality and integrity
- Build empathy and trust with coworkers
- Ability to manage and develop subordinates
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret statistical data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to set and reach goals
- Ability to think creatively to develop new, innovative programs
- Ability to problem solve and function independently
- Ability to provide accurate and timely information regarding the position
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professional composure
- Ability to be available by phone and email after typical business hours if position requires use of a cell phone.
- Ability to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, hours, holidays, holiday periods, weekends.
- Ability to work in varying indoor and outdoor temperatures.
- Ability to ice skate and play hockey.
- Ability to demonstrate, instruct, and coach hockey.
- Ability to plan out, illustrate, demonstrate, coordinate hockey drills, camps and clinics.
- Ability and knowledge to utilize social media for the purpose of promoting hockey related programs, activities, instructional information, etc.
- Valid PA driver's license.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend