Freshman Admissions Counselor
Job no: 495442
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Admissions - Undergraduate
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This is an entry level position within the admissions department responsible for the recruitment of undergraduate students to the university to achieve departmental objectives. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Admissions.
- Responsible for effectively managing the recruitment of prospective freshmen from within a designated geographic recruitment territory. a) Responsible for the scheduling and visitation of high schools, primarily within the designated territory. b) Responsible for the use of the Enrollment Management Action System (EMAS), the Patriot System and PowerFaids in order to correspond with prospective students.
- Reviews admission applications, evaluates credentials and makes admission decisions.
- Counsels prospective applicants on the admissions and financial aid processes and opportunities.
- Responsible for explaining the various admissions practices, procedures, and policies of the University to prospective students, parents and guidance counselors. Provides a follow-up with students and parents via phone, letters, email and scheduled appointments in specific recruitment territory.
- Responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of on and off-campus recruiting events, as assigned by the Associate Director of Admissions; contributes to the success of various student visit programs.
- Responsible for completing phone calls, face-to-face visits, and written correspondence, as assigned by the Director/Associate Director and scheduled through the EMAS software.
- Adheres to university policies and procedures regarding travel and procurement. On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the university. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours. All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience in admissions or enrollment management preferred.
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours.
- Ability to load and transport admissions materials, displays and other equipment.
- Ability to represent the office and University in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Strong commitment to customer service and student focus.
- A staff member is expected to abide by all of the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA and the NEC. Staff members found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures. In addition, you must report immediately any suspected or known violations to the Director of Compliance and Student Services or the Faculty Athletics Representative. A staff member may be suspended for a period of time, without pay, or the staff member’s employment may be terminated if he/she is found to be involved in deliberate and serious violations of NCAA regulations.
- Valid drivers license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend