Women's Hockey Operations Coordinator
Job no: 497422
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Women's Hockey
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Responsible for the management of all equipment and apparel purchases and game set-up for the women’s hockey program. Works with vendors, coaches and students. Maintains athletic equipment, including repair and upkeep within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Robert Morris University and the NCAA. This position requires responsibilities with team travel which may include hotel, buses, airplane and team meal reservations. This position may also include duties with video editing and video editing systems (such as XOS). Duties will be expanded as required and will be adjusted based on incumbent’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintains daily operations of all areas related to the Women’s Hockey program.
- Maintains condition of equipment and clothing through daily maintenance and upkeep. This may include - skate sharpening, laundry, and sewing. Responsible for equipment setup for Women’s Ice Hockey practice and competition.
- Organizes all facets of team travel, and prepares team for all road trips.
- Responsible for video setup and take down. It is preferred that applicant has a strong background in video and video editing. Programs may include but not limited to - XOS, Game Breaker, iMovies, Microsoft Office
- Researches best equipment and apparel to purchase for the most cost effective price. Determines best quality equipment and apparel to purchase and places orders for student-athletes and coaches.
- Keeps a complete inventory of all athletic equipment and apparel issued to all personnel and student-athletes. Ensures that all equipment and apparel is tracked and returned as needed.
- Orders UnderArmour products according to contract guidelines.
- Independently manages the allotment of free goods per policy.
- Provides various services for the management of uniforms including laundry, inventory, storage, repair, etc.
- Keeps a complete inventory of all athletic equipment and clothing issued to all personnel and student-athletes. Insures that all equipment and clothing is issued and signed for.
- Supervises proper use of laundry facilities and team set-up.
- Individual is required to travel on buses and or airplanes with the team for all road trips.
- Consults with head coaches and Director of Athletics concerning any equipment problems.
- Consults with head Athletic Trainer and staff concerning any special needs for student-athletes.
- Observes players wearing equipment for proper attire, safety, and appearance.
- Abides by all NCAA, Conference, and University regulations, policies and procedures. Reports any known or suspected NCAA violations to the Director of Athletics, Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance or the Faculty Athletics Representative. Violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action up to, and including, termination of employment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Women’s Hockey.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Background in hockey and specifically College hockey experience is preferred.
- Background in skate sharpening preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to responsibly manage a budget.
- Strong attention to detail for tracking and follow-through.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend