Records and Services Specialist
Job no: 495511
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Registrar's Office
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
This position serves the academic needs of students, faculty, and staff with administrative support involving registration, certification, graduation, academic policies, and enrollment/degree verification. Also assists with other functions related to Academic Services, including providing statistical information and/or directing inquiries. There will be regular contact with students, faculty, staff, alumnae, and visitors/callers to respond to inquires and provide direction.
- Ensures student records are compliant with institutional, state, and federal regulations including FERPA.
- Process requests for student transcripts, enrollment, and degree verification. Coordinate with transcript vendor to resolve issues as they arise. Responsible for ensuring data integrity of the transcript prior to release and working with appropriate offices for correction, if necessary
- Coordinates Senior Salute (graduation fair) for Spring Commencement.
- Processes change of majors and registration requests.
- Generates NSC Report for the National Student Clearing House as well as coordination of the complete process including enrollment and degree verifications, deferments, research, and supporting.
- Supervise all work student students.
- Coordinates retention, destruction, and storage of academic information.
- Keep forms up to date and create/revise when needed
- Shares general office duties such as answering the phone and help with walk-in students. Responsible for responding to emails in records departmental account within 24 hours.
- Assist the University Registrar with necessary innovative and technical implications.
- Assists in the preparation and conduct of University Commencement exercises including commencement program information, diploma ordering, and name cards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in an academic services environment. Proficient with Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, and Drive) as well as Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Positive attitude, strong sense of initiative and an attention to detail. Ability to establish and maintain positive, cooperative relationships with co-workers, students, faculty, staff, and others. Public speaking and conflict resolution skills. Ability to prioritize work, perform well under pressure and maintain productivity despite consistent interruptions. Knowledge of student information systems preferred, especially Banner. Ability to recognize and provide excellent customer service, make sound judgment calls, critically analyze and solve problems, multi-task, and work both independently and as part of a team. Ability to take lead on projects and communicate well with diverse populations. Strong oral and written communication skills. Accurate data entry skills.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend