Guest Services Assistant
Job no: 495582
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Guest Services
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Guest Services Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the Guest Services Supervisor in providing quality customer service to guests of the Island Sports Center complex, leadership and mentoring of the Guest Services Associates and administrative assistance to other Island Sports Center personnel.
- Performs general duties of Guest Services Associates including: Positively representing the University and ISC to all guests and staff, greeting visitors on site and attending to their needs. Providing enrollment and programming services to guests and clients Sending faxes, sorting mail and assisting personnel of the sports center. Assisting with marketing, sales and promotional activities. Operating point-of-sale/cash register, handling cash/purchase transactions and fulfilling ISC cash control policies.
- Assists with creating content and updating the ISC social media accounts.
- Serve as a primary Manager-On-Duty during evenings and weekends. (Rotating responsibility shared with other ISC personnel). Assist with enforcing Cash Control Policies and procedures.
- Oversees birthday parties held at the ISC, including confirming party information, ordering cakes and party supplies, and coordinating party-related matters with the host.
- Assists in training new Guest Services Associates.
- Ensures all pre-recorded messages regarding the ISC facility are current and up-to-date.
- Works with RMU Athletic Department regarding hockey games that are held at the ISC.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Guest Services Supervisor.
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Two years of customer service related experience preferred.
- Commitment to providing outstanding attention and service to ISC guests and clients.
- Willingness to cross-train in other areas of the sports facility.
- Ability to run and balance a cash register.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Detail and accuracy oriented for record-keeping and data entry.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Robert Morris University is big enough to matter, and small enough to care. We value the contribution of all of our employees. Our total rewards package cares for you in all areas of life. We believe you are at your best when receiving the care you need--personal, professional, financial, educational, and more.
Salary is commensurate with relevant experience and education.
Full time employees are entitled to a generous benefits package, paid time off, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, and much more.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend