Job no: 495583
Location: Island Sports Center
||This position is located at the RMU Island Sports Center (ISC). The duties of the position require manual labor and semi-skilled work in the care of the ISC. This position is considered essential and is required to report to work as scheduled during University closings.
- Work is performed under the general supervision of the Operations Manager. Maintain ice and ice equipment; operate all ice-making equipment (includes, but is not limited to, driving ice resurfacer, using ice edger and chipper) according to operating and safety procedures.
- Operate and maintain all facility maintenance equipment such as, but not limited to, forklift, scissor lift, skid loader, etc.
- Assist in events set-up and tear downs, including clean up for any facility activity.
- Serve RMU-ISC guests to promote their enjoyment of and safety in the facility.
- Maintain any and all necessary records or logs for ice making, ice maintenance, and any other facility items or equipment.
- Maintain, repair, and replace rink glass, boards, and any other facility material, structure, equipment, etc.
- Recognize immediate problem areas and immediately correct them; know when to refer problems that may not be able to be handled immediately to Management or Supervisor for correction.
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service and maintain a general knowledge of facility programs to be able to respond to customer questions and/or needs.
- Put in and take out ice rinks and sport court rinks.
- Assist in general operations and cleaning as needed.
- Maintain parking lot and sidewalks (includes snow plow, snow thrower, shoveling, salting, etc.) and area clean up.
- Open, secure, and close facility according to procedures or instructions.
- Assist other employees in performance of their duties
- Perform locker room checks.
- Participate in job related training clinics and seminars.
- Record and report details of all accidents and incidents.
- All other duties as assigned. Will need to operate and drive equipment on behalf of the University.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Experience operating ice resurfacing vehicles and related ice and facility maintenance equipment preferred.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, climb ladders or scaffold; remain standing and walking for long periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 100 pounds; and work on slippery/ice surfaces required.
- Ability to work in varying outdoor and indoor temperatures and outdoor weather conditions required.
- Ability to work flexible shifts (evenings, late hours, weekends, overtime) and holiday periods as needed.
- Overtime is required as needed; vacation, if eligible, approval may be limited during peak activity periods.
- Ability to receive and carry out work orders verbally or in writing.
- Ability to work well independently and with co-workers.
- Ability to be able to deal in a courteous manner with the general public such as RMU ISC customers. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid driver's license required.
|Act 153 Clearance Required
|Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check
|Required to Pass a Credit Check
|Additional Posting Information
|Special Applicant Instructions
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend