Head Coach, Women's D2 Club Ice Hockey
Job no: 495602
Location: Island Sports Center
Position Department: Campus Recreation
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The Head Coach, Women’s D2 Club Ice Hockey is a part-time position not eligible for University benefits. Work hours are limited to 950 per calendar year and less than 29 hours per week on a regular basis.
The university is a proud member of the ACHA with successful hockey programs at the Men’s D1, D3, and D4 levels, and Women's D2 ACHA. The team practices 2-3 times per week and plays games most weekends during the season. There are 3-5 travel weekends during the season which include Fridays.
- Coordinate, plan, lead and run all team meetings, practices and games.
- Manage a team budget, team operations, equipment needs, and roster development.
- Responsible for video breakdown, game preparation and team management.
- Coordinate with the ACHA to maintain standing and ensure team and player compliance.
- Responsible for recruiting quality student-athletes who can compete at the ACHA level.
- Coordinate the team game schedule externally with other teams and internally with the Island Sports Center (ISC).
- Coordinate all away games including travel, hotels and meals (must be able to travel with team to away games).
- Coordinate all home game activities with managers for referees, EMT’s, score-keeping, clock work, game protocols, game programs and tickets.
- Responsible for leading player development and advancement.
- Responsible for coordinating with the General Manager of Club Hockey for team and hockey program purposes.
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, developing and reviewing performance of Assistant Coaches and game day managers.
- Participation in team functions.
- On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years coaching experience at competitive travel, junior, intercollegiate level and above required.
- Experience coaching ice hockey at the junior or collegiate level or higher preferred.
- Experience playing at the junior or collegiate level or higher preferred.
- Experience recruiting competitive, elite-level athletes preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be willing and able to collaborate well with coaches from the other teams within the program and with contacts at the league and institution.
- Ability to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
- USA Hockey Coaching Certification Level 3 or higher preferred.
- Valid driver’s license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend